Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lily Allen Checked Into Psychiatric Ward

Lily Allen

Lily Allen recently admitted to checking into a psychiatric ward after suffering a miscarriage.

In an interview with the Daily Telegraph’s magazine, Lily said she checked into a “nuthouse.” She said, "I stayed there for three weeks. I was really depressed because of the miscarriage and I’d kind of lost the plot a bit. It was quite a nasty time. Actually, it was quite nice being in there. No one could get to me; no one knew I was there."

"It's pretty hard to talk about it, but that Christmas I was at home with my family and Ed, and I wasn't drinking, and I just sat there knowing I was having a baby and I was in absolute bliss. Sitting round eating turkey, playing games, watching everybody getting drunk, and being really excited knowing this time next year I was going to have a baby...And I haven't."

It seems like Lily has the ability to act like an adult. The whole miscarriage ordeal must have put her over the edge. Hopefully that crazy stage is over!

source